- Placing and acceptance of orders
- Your right to cancel your order
- Our product guarantees and after sale service
- Refund and exchange procedure
- Recycling your electrical and electronic waste
- Trading name
The following terms and conditions ("terms") apply to all purchases of products by you from Mamas & Papas (Retail) via eBay.co.uk. Please read them carefully. We may vary these terms from time to time and therefore you should check to ensure you have the latest version before you make a new purchase. The date on which the terms were last amended is shown at the bottom of these terms.
References in these terms to "Mamas & Papas", "we", "us" and "our" means Mamas & Papas (Retail) Ltd.
Your statutory rights are not affected by these terms and conditions
Mamas & Papas eBay store only accept payment via PayPal, which is the quickest, easiest and most secure way to pay. If you are unsure how to use PayPal or are having problems with your account, please contact PayPal's Customer Support Line on 0870 123 456
When will I be charged?
Payment is charged to your PayPal account immediately
Once you have completed your order you will receive the following communications:
- Order Confirmation email from eBay - to confirm that your order has been received.
- Payment Received email from PayPal - to confirm that your payment has been processed by PayPal.
- Despatched email from eBay - to confirm that your order has been despatched.
- Feedback email from eBay - to remind you to feedback your comments.
All products are subject to availability. We reserve the right to refuse to supply products to any individual or company.
Please note you cannot place a bid on Mamas & Papas items on eBay, all items both within the store front and the eBay listings are "Buy it Now" priced.
How much does delivery cost?
Charges: From £4.95 - £39.95.
Normal Delivery Service: All of our products can be delivered directly to you via our home delivery service. The table below explains all of our delivery charges when all items are in stock and orders are placed before 10am.
UK Delivery charges:
- Small items = £4.95 for delivery within 3 - 5 working days
- Large items = £9.95 for delivery the next working day
- Extra large items = £39.95 for delivery within 14 working days
Orders purchased can only be sent to designated UK addresses.
We aim to deliver your order in one delivery. Occasionally your order may be sent in more than one parcel. If you do not receive everything you were expecting, please wait until the next working day before contacting us as the goods should be in transit. .
NB: Working days are classed as Monday to Friday and exclude bank holidays. Following a UK bank holiday, key promotional period or extreme weather conditions please allow additional days for your delivery.
Our carrier will deliver to you between 7:00am-7:00pm Monday- Friday and to the front door of your building.
You will receive a text/email on the day of delivery from our carrier advising that they are on their way.
If you are unable to accept the delivery, please don't worry our carrier will leave a calling card or an email/text to advise they have tried to deliver, simply follow the instructions to arrange an alternative day that is more convenient for you.
Do we deliver to Highlands and Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight and Channel Islands?
Yes! - There is an additional £30 charge and delivery will take an additional working day. Please note we do not offer this service on large items such as furniture.
Can I track my order?
Yes, when your order is dispatched an email is sent to you, which will contain the tracking information.
Providing all products ordered can be delivered at the same time to the same delivery address, only one delivery charge will be payable which will be the one applicable to the largest item being delivered (plus any additional charge where delivery is to the Scottish Highlands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight or the Channel Islands). Following despatch of your goods from our warehouse we are unable to amend your delivery address. Items may, however, be delivered separately. If you don't receive everything you are expecting on the same date, please wait another working day before contacting us as the remainder of your order may be in transit.
Delivery dates and periods are estimates only and are not guaranteed even where the delivery date has been confirmed, we will therefore not be liable for any losses of any nature whatsoever that you may suffer as a result of late delivery. We and the carriers we use will of course make all reasonable efforts to deliver on a confirmed delivery date. Time is not of the essence in respect of any delivery date including premium delivery. Delivery may be delayed by circumstances outside our / the carrier's control such as adverse weather and traffic conditions. You cannot cancel the whole or any part of your order because it is not delivered within any estimated or confirmed delivery period or on a confirmed delivery date. Where this occurs, we or the carrier will contact you to arrange a suitable alternative delivery date.
The price of your product is that applicable at the time of purchase. Prices are inclusive of vat at the rate applicable at the time of purchase. Previously viewed prices via cookies on your computer will not be honoured and requests to do so will be refused. Sale prices are available only while stocks last. Prices shown in our catalogue may change after publication and errors may occur. Mamas & Papas reserve the right to change and correct prices at any time.
Very occasionally, errors in prices may occur on our website. If any price appears to be incorrect (because, for example, the price is much lower than you would expect it to be), please telephone us on 0845 268 2000 or Email us to check it. We cannot honour any price which is obviously incorrect even if we have in error confirmed your order on the basis of the incorrect price.
At the time of publication on eBay, all product descriptions are believed accurate, errors and omissions excepted. The Mamas & Papas' design team take great care with the colours used in our collections. However, representations of colours are approximate only due to the limitations of the photographic, reproduction and printing processes. There may therefore be a difference between the actual product and photographs of it on our website All measurements and weights are approximate.
Whilst we endeavour to maintain advertised product colours and specifications during the lifetime of our product inventory, we must reserve the right to change them and to withdraw particular products as we consider necessary.
Where you purchase a product or a number of products together from Mamas & Papas via eBay, you have a statutory right to cancel your order and receive a full refund of the price paid for the product(s) in accordance with the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000. This right does not apply to any personalised product(s), to any product(s) which have been made or adapted to your requirements, to any product(s) which cannot be returned for hygiene reasons such as toiletries, underwear or swimwear or to any products you purchase in store.
You must exercise this right by notifying us of your wish to cancel in by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Customer Care, Mamas & Papas Limited, Colne Bridge Road, Huddersfield HD5 0RH at any time up to and including the 8th working day after the date on which the product(s) was collected by you or delivered to you by Mamas & Papas. The product(s) must then be returned to us by any of the methods set out in the exchange and refund procedure shown in paragraph 13 "Our product guarantees and after sale service". You will be responsible for any postage or other costs incurred in returning the product(s) to us. Where all products on an order are returned (see below), we will refund the delivery charge incurred in delivering the product(s) to you in the first place in addition to the cost of the product(s).
You must take good care of all products which you wish to return to us in accordance with your above right to cancel. The product(s) must not have been used (although you can of course try it out or try it on, as applicable, providing it is not damaged as a result and remains in the same pristine condition as when delivered or collected) and must be returned to us in a saleable condition, in its original, undamaged packaging with all tags attached and with your e-mail order confirmation (where provided). If the product(s) was delivered to you by Mamas & Papas, you must also provide the completed delivery note.
Please note, your right to cancel under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations is the right to cancel your entire contract or order, subject to compliance with the above requirements. All products ordered at the same time as part of the same order form part of the same contract with us, even where delivered on different occasions. Where you have ordered a number of items, you are not entitled to return some but not all of these under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations. Subject to the applicable conditions and exclusions, you may however do so in accordance with our 30 day no quibble exchange or refund.
We want you to be happy with everything you buy from Mamas & Papas. Combining quality with style and flair and the latest in technological advances, all of our products have been designed and tested to the highest quality standards. To enable you to buy with confidence, we offer the following guarantees and after sales service.
Your statutory rights are not affected by our product guarantees and after sale service
No quibble exchange or refund within 30 days of purchase (14 days for sale clothing)
If for any reason, you are not satisfied with your new purchase, we will exchange it for another item of your choice or refund the price paid provided you return it to us as set out below within 30 days of purchase (or receipt of the product where it is delivered to you by Mamas & Papas). For clothing purchased in our sale, we will exchange the item or refund the price paid within 14 days of purchase (or receipt of the product where it is delivered to you by Mamas & Papas).
This guarantee is subject to the following conditions and exclusions.
1. The product must not have been used and must be returned to us in a saleable condition and in its original, undamaged packaging with all tags still attached.
2. The product must be returned with your e-mail order confirmation. If the product was delivered to you by Mamas & Papas, you must also provide the completed delivery note.
3. For products where you do not have your e-mail confirmation we will exchange or refund to a gift card at the selling price applicable on the day of return.
1. The following products are excluded from this guarantee;-
- for hygiene and safety reasons, items such as toiletries, underwear and swimwear
- any item which has been made to order or personalised for you
- self assembly furniture items once they have been assembled whether by you or by us through the Optional Furniture Assembly Service
2. This guarantee only applies to products purchased from a Mamas & Papas store, our website, Mamas & Papas official eBay store or our Home Shopping service. If you have purchased your product from another retailer, please contact them directly as their service and guarantee commitment to you may differ from this one.
3. Should you wish to return self assembly furniture after it has been assembled (whether by you or by us through the Optional Furniture Assembly Service), there will be a minimum charge of £200 to cover the cost of dismantling and returning it to us (not applicable where we agree the furniture may be returned to us under our 24 month guarantee against manufacturing defects).
4. Where you wish to exchange the product for one which is a different price, the difference must be paid or will be refunded at the time.
5. Where the product which is being returned for refund was purchased with a credit or debit card, we credit the refund payment to the same credit or debit card. If the card has expired we will issue the refund to a gift card. Where no receipt/gift receipt is available but we are satisfied that the product is covered by the guarantee, the refund will be made via a gift card at the price applicable on the day the refund is made.
6. You are responsible for the safe return of the product to us. We are entitled to refuse a refund or exchange where the product is lost or damaged in transit. Where you are returning the item by post, you are recommended to use a form of delivery which includes insurance.
1. If you are unable to take the product to a Mamas & Papas store, you may return it to our head office by one of the following methods;-
- by post
Detach and complete the returns label which you received with your product and send by post to:
Mamas & Papas Returns Department
Colne Bridge Road
Any postage incurred by returning items to us will not be refunded
- by carrier
Ideal for furniture items and other bulky or weighty products, please contact a member of our Customer Care team on 0845 268 2000 who will be able to assist with the return. A charge of £10 per collection will be incurred unless otherwise advised.
2. For your convenience, you may return any product purchased from our Mamas & Papas eBay store to your most convenient Mamas & Papas store. Please note this does not apply to Mamas & Papas factory shops. Please note only like for like exchanges can be made in store and refunds will be handled by our Customer Care team and will be credited to your PayPal account
3. We offer a free return service for car seats covered by the 30 day exchange or refund. Please call our Customer Care Team on 0845 268 2000 to arrange your free return. To qualify for free return, you must comply with the guarantee conditions set out above.
4. For items which were delivered to you by Mamas & Papas, we will refund your original delivery charge where we agree the product is faulty or was damaged when delivered. However, the delivery charge will not be refunded where a product is simply unwanted.
5. Any postage and other costs incurred in returning items to us will not be refunded.
6. If you need advice before you return your product, simply call Customer Care on 0845 268 2000.
7. If you believe any of our products are defective, of an unsatisfactory quality or were damaged when delivered by us, please contact our Customer Care team on 0845 268 2000. Alternatively you may Email us or write to Customer Care / Returns Department Mamas & Papas Limited, Colne Bridge Road, Huddersfield HD5 0RH
b. Your 2 year guarantee against manufacturing defects
Mamas & Papas have a wide range of products covering almost all categories in the nursery market. They are all tested to ensure they are of the highest standard and quality. With certain exceptions, our products are protected by a comprehensive 2 year guarantee against manufacturing faults from the date of purchase (or receipt of the product where it is delivered to you by Mamas & Papas).
Where your product is covered by our 2 year guarantee, we will repair it and provide any necessary spare parts FREE of charge. For car seats, this includes providing a replacement shell where a manufacturing fault becomes apparent which in our opinion requires this. This guarantee is subject to the following conditions and exclusions.
Where your nursery purchases are made pre-birth, your 2 year guarantee against manufacturing defects will begin a maximum of 90 days after the birth of your baby, or the date of delivery or in store collection, whichever is the earliest date.
In the unlikely event that you need to claim under the terms of this guarantee, please contact our Customer Care team on 0845 268 2000 or alternatively you can Email us
Conditions and exclusions
1. Many of our products are supplied with a use, care and maintenance instruction manual. Please make sure you read this carefully before first use of the product and keep it in a safe place for future reference along with your proof of purchase, your e-mail order confirmation plus the completed delivery note. You will need your proof of purchase if you want to make a claim under the 2 year guarantee. Products must be used, cared for and maintained in accordance with the instruction manual and failure to do so may invalidate your guarantee.
1. The 2 year guarantee does not apply to;-
- bedding (including mattresses) and towels
- soft furnishings
- fabric / tyres / wheels / PVC on prams, pushchairs, strollers, travel systems, car seats, highchairs and other equipment
- toys (other than electric battery operated ride on vehicles)
- batteries and chargers
2. The 2 year guarantee applies only to manufacturing defects and does not apply to damage which has been caused accidentally or deliberately or from everyday wear and tear. All products which require repair outside the 2 year guarantee period or which are not covered by the guarantee will be chargeable. Prices start from £50
3. This guarantee only applies to products purchased from a Mamas & Papas store, our website, our official Mamas & Papas eBay store or through our Home Shopping service. If you have purchased your product from another retailer, please contact them directly as their service and guarantee commitment to you may differ from this one.
Fabric / PVC / Tyres / Wheels
4. Great care and effort has been taken to ensure that the fabric / tyres / wheels / PVC on your pram, pushchair, stroller, travel system, car seat or other equipment will last. However, please take care not to leave the product in direct sunlight or to otherwise subject it to harsh weather conditions for regular, lengthy periods of time as fabric discolouration or fading may occur which is not covered by this guarantee. It is also important to note that we recommend cleaning and lubricating moving parts with a light oil or silicone spray to prolong the life of your pram, pushchair, stroller or travel system.
5. As fabric, PVC, tyres and wheels are not covered by the 2 year guarantee; any repairs will be quoted and charged separately. We cannot guarantee that the identical fabric will be available as it may have been discontinued. Where this is the case, we will endeavour to offer you a suitable alternative from within the then current fabric range.
Prams, pushchairs, strollers and travel systems
6. Where you purchase your pram, pushchair, stroller or travel system from Mamas & Papas and it is sent for repair from a Mamas & Papas store, we will, subject to availability, provide you with a pushchair suitable for the age of the child on loan free of charge while yours is being repaired. This pushchair is unlikely to be the same model as your own.
7. We recommend that car seats are regularly checked to ensure they are securely and properly fitted in your car and that the harness has been correctly adjusted. If you are involved in a car accident with a car seat from any manufacturer fitted in your car, expert advice is that the car seat should be replaced even if apparently undamaged as damage may in fact have been caused which may affect the protection afforded by the car seat.
Furniture and wooden products
8. Wood is a natural product, has its own characteristics and natural marks and may change colour over time. Great care and effort has been taken to ensure that your wooden nursery furniture, crib, cot, cot/bed or highchair matches those seen in store. However, differences in grain, texture and colour may be apparent from one product to the next and even within a product and should be accepted as part of the individual appearance of the wood. Such variations are not covered by this guarantee.
9. Where you have purchased self assembly furniture, please ensure you carefully and thoroughly check it immediately after purchase / delivery and prior to assembly to ensure none of the pieces are damaged or defective in any way. If there are any problems, please call our Customer Care team before going any further on 0845 268 2000.
10. For self assembly furniture, please also ensure that you have all the pieces immediately after purchase / delivery and prior to assembly including any which will only be used at a later date (such as any parts necessary when you convert your cot bed into a bed). You will be assumed to have received everything you should have done unless you advise us otherwise within 30 days of purchase (or receipt of the product where it is delivered to you by Mamas & Papas). There may be a charge if you later ask us to provide a piece. We cannot in any event guarantee it will be available at that stage as products are discontinued from time to time and spare part availability will then be limited.
11. We do not guarantee the continued availability of particular furniture ranges or products. It may therefore not be possible to offer you a replacement from the same range in the event that an item of furniture cannot be repaired. Where we are unable to offer you a replacement from the same range, any liability we have, whether in accordance with our guarantees, under the general law / statute or otherwise, will be limited to a refund of the product in question. We will not be liable to refund or replace any other products including other furniture items belonging to the same range as the item which cannot be replaced even where purchased at the same time.
Electric battery operated ride on vehicles
12. If you purchase a battery operated ride-on vehicle, please ensure that the first and each subsequent time you charge your battery, you adhere to the charging instructions included in your manual as batteries and chargers are not covered under this guarantee.
13. We reserve the right to reject items that are uneconomical for repair or are in an unsuitable condition.
14. Any repairs made or the replacement or exchange of any product will not extend the original 2 year guarantee period. Any product provided by way of replacement or exchange of the product originally purchased will be guaranteed for the remainder of the guarantee period applicable to the original product.
15. This guarantee is subject to the product not having been modified, misused, undergone repair by someone other than Mamas & Papas or a repairer authorised by Mamas & Papas or used for a purpose for which it was not designed.
16. Where proof of purchase cannot be provided Mamas & Papas reserve the right to assess the condition of a product and determine whether it falls within the scope of the guarantee.
Procedure for making a claim
If your product develops a defect which is covered by this guarantee, please contact a member of our Customer Care team on 0845 268 2000. Alternatively you may Email us or write to Customer Care Department, Mamas & Papas Limited, Colne Bridge Road, Huddersfield HD5 0RH
You are responsible for all costs involved in returning the product to us. Where you are returning the item by post, you are recommended to use a form of delivery which includes insurance for the full value of the product in case it is lost or damaged in the post as all items are at your risk until received. Furniture items and other bulky or weighty products may be returned to us by carrier which we can arrange for you at a charge of £10 per collection unless otherwise advised. Please contact a member of our Customer Care team on 0845 268 2000 who will be able to assist with the return.
Products outside of our 2 year guarantee
In the event a product is outside our 2 year guarantee we will endeavour to repair or replace parts subject to availability.
You are responsible for all costs involved in returning the product to us. Where you are returning the item by post, you are recommended to use a form of delivery which includes insurance for the full value of the product in case it is lost or damaged in the post as all items are at your risk until received.
Prams, pushchairs, strollers, travel systems, car seats and electric battery operated ride on vehicles
- parts and labour £25 per product
- administration and handling £25 per product
- fabric / PVC/ Wheels / Batteries / Chargers and vehicle bodies excluded
If you have any comments about any of the products or services supplied or provided to you, please contact us on 0845 268 2000. Alternatively you may contact us by email at email@example.com or write to Customer Care Department Mamas & Papas Limited Colne Bridge Road Huddersfield HD5 0RH
Unwanted electrical and electronic equipment is the UK's fastest growing type of waste. If such equipment is not recycled or reused, it ends up in landfill sites where the hazardous substances it contains leak out and cause soil and water contamination. This contamination harms the natural habitat and wildlife and may also damage human health.
Many electrical and electronic items which we throw away can be reused, repaired or recycled. Doing so helps to save our natural finite resources and also reduces the environmental and health risks associated with sending these goods to landfill.
As part of our environmental responsibilities, we adhere to The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations 2006 which are otherwise known as the WEEE Regulations.
Where you purchase any electrical or electronic product from us (whether through one of our stores, over the telephone through our Home Shopping service or online from our website), we will take back free of charge, on a one for one basis, any equivalent electrical or electronic product. For example, if you purchase an electric steam steriliser, we will take back your old electric steam steriliser. The product you return for recycling need not have been purchased from us. We are not, however, obliged to take back any product which is not equivalent or similar to the new product you are purchasing.
To recycle through Mamas & Papas, the old product must be returned to us within 28 days of the purchase of the new product.
If, having purchased an electrical or electronic item from ourselves, you wish to return any equivalent electrical or electronic product for recycling, please contact our customer care team on 0845 268 2000 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org we will provide you with instructions as to how to do so. Please note it is mandatory that contact us in this way before any electrical or electronic item is returned to us. It is not necessary for you to insure any items which are returned to us under the WEEE Regulations through the post. All items returned to us are recorded and disposed of as required by the Regulations.
Under the WEEE Regulations, all new electrical and electronic goods should now be marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin symbol.
Goods marked with this symbol show that they were produced after 13th August 2005, and should be disposed of separately from normal household waste so that they can be recycled.