1. Introduction to Terms & Conditions
This page (together with the documents referred to in it) sets out the terms and conditions (the Terms) on which we supply the goods listed on our website at (BBC Shop). Please read these Terms carefully before ordering any goods from the BBC Shop. You should understand that by ordering any of our goods or services, you agree to be bound by these Terms.
By making a purchase from BBC Shop, this indicates your acceptance of these Terms. You should print a copy of these Terms (or save them to your computer) for your records.
We may amend these Terms at any time, and it is your responsibility to check these Terms regularly before ordering goods in case there are any changes. The date of the last update is at the top of the page.
These Terms, and any subsequent contract between us, are only in the English language.
2. Who Are We?
The BBC Shop is a division of BBC Worldwide Limited (BBCW, We, Us), a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. The BBC Shop is operated under licence by BBCW a company incorporated in England and Wales under company number 1420028, whose registered office is at Media Centre, 201 Wood Lane, Media Centre, London, W12 7TQ. Our VAT number is 333289454.
3. Our Contact Details
If you have any questions regarding the BBC Shop, its goods, services or an order that you have placed, please contact Us by: (a) emailing Us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (b) calling Us on 0844 8461417 (Monday - Friday 08:30-18.00).
4. Service, Delivery & Product Availability
The BBC Shop is only intended for use by people resident in the UK or members of the British Forces and their families based overseas who can receive deliveries via a BFPO address. We do not deliver outside of the UK or to PO boxes.
Your order will be fulfilled within 30 days of the date of the email confirming despatch (Despatch Confirmation), unless there are exceptional circumstances.
If We have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered, We will inform you by e-mail at the address given in your order form and any sum which may have been credited from your PayPal account will be re-credited to you no later than 30 days after the date of your order.
Delivery usually takes up to 3-5 working days after payment has cleared. Delivery to certain areas, such as the Scottish Highlands & Islands, offshore locations and Northern Ireland may take up to 14 days. However, We cannot guarantee delivery times.
5. Your Status
By placing an order through the BBC Shop, you warrant (promise) that:
- (a) you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts;
- (b) you are at least 18 years old; and
- The information given in your order is complete and accurate.
As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to products that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these Terms will affect these legal rights.
6. Our Contract
All orders are subject to acceptance by Us and availability of the requested item(s). After placing an order, you will receive an email acknowledging that We have received your order. . It will state what the item(s) you have ordered are and delivery, invoice and cancellation details. If your order has been unsuccessful, you will be made aware of the reason why and possible explanations. Please note that this acknowledgment email does not mean that your order has been accepted, even though payment has been taken via PayPal. Your order constitutes an offer to Us to purchase goods or services. All orders are subject to acceptance by Us and We will confirm such acceptance by sending you the Despatch Confirmation via email. That email shall represent our legal acceptance of the offer you made to purchase the item(s) and the contract between you and Us (the Contract) will only be formed when We despatch the goods to you.
7. Risk and Title
The goods will be at your risk and responsibility from the time We despatch your parcel for delivery.
Ownership of the goods will pass to you when We receive full payment of all sums due in respect of the goods, including delivery charges.
8. Price and Payment
The BBC Shop aims to ensure that goods are correctly priced at all times on the website, but We reserve the right to change prices without prior notice at any time prior to despatch.
All prices include VAT.
We only accept payment via PayPal and We are unable to accept payment by credit or debit cards.
9. Returns and Refunds
At the BBC Shop We want to provide you with the best possible customer service. We hope you are delighted with your items. However:
- If your order is faulty, mis-described or delivered in error, return it to Us within 30 days of delivery for a full refund (including pro–rata delivery and return postage charges and any gift- wrapping charges);
- If you change your mind, you can write to us at bbcshopebay@ bbc.com within 7 working days of delivery to cancel your order and your consumer rights entitle you to a full refund. You can return your item within 30 days of delivery, and provided it’s in an unused and saleable condition, We will refund the cost of the item (but not the return postage charges, or other additional costs like gift wrapping).
If you received the item as a gift, We can offer you store credit to the current value of the product provided you follow the procedures set out below within the correct timeframes and We can trace the original order on our system.
(Certain items are excluded, however, please see the list below).
If you need to return your goods please follow our Returns and Refunds Procedure.
Returns and Refunds Procedure
- Certain items are excluded from refunds or exchanges unless they are faulty. We cannot accept order cancellations or offer a refund or exchange on:
- any product which is personalised for the recipient;
- unsealed CDs, DVDs, tapes or other recording media, software or video.
- For all other items, please complete the Returns Form on the reverse of your despatch note.
- It’s important that your returns are in the best possible condition, so please ensure you wrap the item you’re returning securely, remembering to enclose the Returns Form.
- You must obtain a proof of delivery receipt. This is your proof of return and must be provided if the item you are returning fails to arrive at our Returns Warehouse.
- Please allow up to 14 working days for the goods to be returned and for Us to process your return.
- The product must be received by our Returns Department within 30 days of receipt of delivery.
- If the item is faulty, misdescribed or delivered in error and you return it to Us within 30 days of delivery, you will be fully refunded, including all postage costs.
- Refunds will be issued on the payment method used in the original transaction, please allow up to 14 working days for refund to be visible on your account
- No claims can be processed unless these conditions are strictly adhered to.
All returns should be sent to:
Technicolour Unit A
Rugby CV21 1QN
This BBC Shop refund policy is separate and additional to your right to cancel under the Distance Selling Regulations. It does not affect your legal rights relating to faulty or mis-described goods. Contact your local Consumer Rights organisation (such as the Citizens Advice Bureau) if you would like more information on your legal rights.
All rights, including copyright, in the content of the BBC Shop web pages are owned, licensed to or controlled for these purposes by BBCW. In accessing BBCW's web pages, you agree that you may only download the content for your own individual and non-commercial use. You are not permitted to copy, broadcast, download, store (in any medium), transmit, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the content of these BBC Shop web pages for any other purpose whatsoever without the prior written permission of BBCW.
11. Force Majeure (Events outside of our control)
BBCW shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control. We will contact you as soon as reasonably possible in such an event.
12. Our Liability
If We fail to comply with these Terms, We are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these Terms or our negligence, but We are not responsible for any loss which is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it was an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and Us at the time We entered into the Contract.
We only supply the items for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the items for business, commercial or re-sale purposes and We have no liability to you for loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or loss of business opportunity.
Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit BBCW’s liability for:
- death or personal injury as a direct result of BBCW’s negligence;
- BBCW’s fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- any breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979;
- any breach of the terms implied by sections 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979;
- defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
BBCW is committed to protecting your personal information and We will use your information in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998.
When you shop at the BBC Shop, We will collect personal information about you, such as your name, e-mail address and delivery address, which We may use for the following purposes:
- to process your orders;
- to administer the BBC Shop;
- for statistical purposes to improve the BBC Shop and its services to you; and
- if you have consented during the registration process, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you.
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties who are contracted to process your information on our behalf or where you have given your consent. Otherwise, We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example, to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
Your personal information will be held securely in our systems for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes set out above.
If you wish to find out more about how We handle your information or to request a copy of or an update to your information, you may contact Us at: email@example.com.
15. Transfer of Rights and Obligations
The Contract between you and BBCW is binding on you and Us and on our respective successors and assigns. You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent. We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the Contract.
If We fail, at any time during the term of a Contract, to insist upon strict performance of any of your obligations under the Contract or any of these terms and conditions, or if We fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which We are entitled under the Contract, this shall not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and shall not relieve you from compliance with such obligations. A waiver by Us of any default shall not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default.
17. Entire Agreement
These terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between you and Us in relation to the subject matter of any Contract and supersede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement between you and Us, whether oral or in writing.
We each acknowledge that, in entering into a Contract, neither you nor Us has relied on any representation, undertaking or promise given by the other or be implied from anything said or written in negotiations between us prior to such Contract except as expressly stated in these terms and conditions.
Neither of you nor Us shall have any remedy in respect of any untrue statement made by the other, whether orally or in writing, prior to the date of any Contract (unless such untrue statement was made fraudulently) and the other party´s only remedy shall be for breach of contract as provided in these terms and conditions.
18. Invalidity and Governing Law & Jurisdiction
If for any reason part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable, the validity of the remaining terms and conditions shall not be affected.
Contracts between you and BBCW shall be governed by English law and you and BBCW submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.