Terms & Conditions
The below outlines the terms and conditions associated with using and purchasing
from this site. We reserve the right to change any content of this site, disclaimers
and these terms and conditions at any time.
The wording 'we', 'us' and 'our' refers to The Big Little Shop.
These terms & conditions were last updated on 19 February 2012.
- The owner of this web site is The Big Little Shop, Unit 2, (MEC)
Stanton Lane Farm, Markfield, Leicestershire, LE67 9TT.
- All orders are accompanied by a confirmation email - one upon
order confirmation and one upon order dispatch. These emails represent an
acceptance by us that you have agreed to make a purchase from our shop. These
emails contain a link to these terms and conditions.
- Security for payments made for purchases from our shop using
PayPal is the sole responsibility of eBay and we accept no responsibility for any
payment problems arisen during or after the payment process.
- You undertake that all details you provide us with when making
a purchase, such as name, address and contact details are correct at the time of
purchase. Ensuring your delivery address is correct is your sole responsibility
and any item we dispatch to an incorrect address that you provided us will result
in you having to pay for another delivery.
- You agree that the payment method you are using for the purpose
of purchasing goods from our shop is your own or that you have permission from the
owner to use it for the purpose of buying goods from our shop.
- The only payment methods we accept are listed at checkout at
the time of buying. No other payment method will be accepted. Never
send cash through the post.
- We will ensure every effort will be made to dispatch your order
within 1-2 working days. Details of estimated delivery times can be found
Delivery Times section of our Help pages. These delivery times are
in no way guaranteed by us and should only be used as a guide.
- Our Returns Policy, which can be found in the
Returns Policy section of our Help pages, applies to all items purchased from
Delivery of Goods
- We only dispatch to the UK. You agree to carefully read
the item page and acknowledge that some items may be subject to a Remote Area Surcharge.
If an item is subject to a Remote Area Surcharge it will be clearly shown on the
listing, as well as the postcodes the surcharge applies to. You agree that
if you are in a remote area (as defined by the postcode list on the listing) you
may be subject to an additional charge in order to dispatch the item to you.
We will inform you of any such charges after you make the purchase. If you
are in a remote area we strongly advise that you
contact us for a quote before buying.
Delivery times, as stated in the Delivery Information section of our Help pages,
are approximate. We will dispatch your goods to the delivery address you specify
at checkout and we will assume that this address is correct. Usually all orders
are dispatched in one box but in the event that we have to use more than one box
we will still send all boxes together. There may be times when you will receive
your goods in instalments but we will inform you in advance should that be the case.
- In an attempt to cut unnecessary waste we may reuse boxes for
the purpose of packaging. For certain items we may decide extra packaging
is not required and place the address label directly onto the product's original
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you are available to
receive any parcels being delivered. Courier parcels may be delivered anytime
between the hours of 09:00 and 19:00. Where items are being delivered by courier,
there will be up to three delivery attempts on consecutive working days. After
this period the parcel will be returned to us. Should this be the case you
will need to pay for redelivery based on the following criteria;
- A redelivery fee equal to that stated on the original item listing,
or where free delivery was advertised, a fee of no more than £7.50 (UK Mainland
- For Remote Area's a fee equal to the total P&P paid originally
(Listing P&P + applicable Remote Area Surcharge)
- If you wish to cancel your order upon a parcel being returned
back to us from non-delivery you may do so at this point. However your refund
will be minus the original P&P paid (or a fee of £7.50 where free delivery was
applied). For Remote Area's the total P&P paid (Listing P&P + applicable
Remote Area Surcharge) will be deducted from your refund.
Late & Delayed Orders
- We accept no responsibility for the delay or loss of orders if
your chosen delivery method is via Royal Mail. We regret that we cannot investigate
the delay or loss of orders sent by Royal Mail until 15 working days have elapsed
from the date of posting. It is your responsibility to ensure that you inform
us of any delay.
- For deliveries made by any courier we will investigate any delay
immediately and keep you informed of our progress.
- Tracking numbers will be obtained by us and are available to
you on request.
- Any personal information you provide us for the purpose of purchasing
goods will never be passed onto any third party companies.