Expected delivery times:
Sellers Standard 2nd Class Domestic 3+ days
1st Class Domestic 1-2 days
Standard Parcels 3+ days
Airmail Europe Small Packets 3+ working days
Airmail International Small Packets 3+ working days
Surface Mail Europe Small Packets 14+ days
Surface Mail International Small Packets 14+ days
Royal Mail successfully deliver 99% of all mail correctly. In the unlikely event that your item is lost in the post please email to let me know. Royal Mail consider an item to have been lost in the post only after 15 working days for domestic post and 25 working days for airmail Europe and international items.
Delivery process for International Mail
This is what happens after your mail has been put in the Postbox®:
- Your mail is brought to a local mail centre.
- The Mail Centre streams Airmail from Surface and sorts into Letters/Flats/Packets.
- Mail is then forwarded to HWDC – Heathrow Worldwide Distribution Centre – where it is sorted to the mail exchange point(s) within the destination country, based on the item’s address/postcode.
- Your mail enters one of three sorting machines: a letter sorting machine, a flat sorting machine or a Packet sorting machine.
- Mail that is not machinable or rejected by the machines is sorted manually.
- The mail is then conveyed either by road or air to the relevant overseas office of exchange.
- If surface/economy is selected then it is most likely to travel by boat for most non-European countries.
- Once in the destination country, the domestic postal authority takes responsibility for your mail. It will forward your mail to regional mail centres for delivery by their post people.