Please see the dedicated page for postal rates, postal discounts on multiple orders and how to combine orders which can be accessed at the page link in the section above.
FREE DELIVERY OFFER : Please note the free delivery offer for 5 items or more is shipped via Royal Mail Second Class. If you require first class you can select and pay for this option at checkout
We welcome you to "Premier Seeds Direct" and hope you are enjoying looking through the many varieties we have on offer.
- We have been growing our own produce for over 25 years and currently maintain our own cottage style gardens and small holdings where we grow a large proportion of our vegetables for the table. This now doubles as a test ground where we grow all the varieties we have on offer to be able to provide the best possible advice to customers.
- We became increasing frustrated with the limited selections, poor quality of service and restrictively high prices offered by large commercial seed sellers and were determined to do better.
- Having started sourcing seeds for ourselves, this quickly grew to fellow smallholders, friends and their friends.
- In Jan 07 we decided to see if we could benefit from economies of scale in costs and wider selections by trialling a shop through eBay, hence "Premier Seeds Direct" was born. We exceeded our initial 12 month target by a factor of 10 and never looked back.
- A number of large professional growers have been very supportive and helped us develop a fantastic network of professional growers, for which we are very grateful.
- We would also like to thank DEFRA (now FERA) and their inspectors who have provided much advice, support and ensured our structure; records, quality control, testing and procedures are of the highest seed industry standards.
- We are DEFRA (FERA) registered and inspected annually.
- We are VAT registered and the appropriate VAT rate is included within all prices shown and clearly marked on every invoice.
- We are always visiting and signing new growers from USA to India generating the economies of scale that enable us to pass on even better value to our fellow growers.
- The 2013 season will see an expansion in our range of flowers and vegetables of around 30%.
- We have been delighted by the numbers of enquiries from nurseries and commercial growers alike, now exceeding retail sales and welcome enquiries for bulk supply of any varieties at the most competitive prices to be found anywhere.
- An expansion onto Amazon is in progress followed by our own web-site.
- We settled on "Grow the best" as this captures what we are aim to achieve from seed quality to customer service.
- We are delighted to answer any questions on varieties and provide advise to growers regardless of experience.
- We are always looking to improve and welcome any feedback, good or bad, how we can improve and show the big commercial companies what gardeners really expect.
Thank you for taking the time to look. We wish you a successful forthcoming season.
Bob, Kerrie & the Team