TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
- These terms and conditions are relevant to orders placed through eBay or our eBay store. Orders placed through our web store are bound by separate terms and conditions, advertised on our web store.
- Orders placed through eBay or our eBay store will be confirmed automatically by email normally through eBay.
- Your order confirmation is not an acceptance and does not guarantee that we can meet your order. You will be contacted promptly if your order cannot be met or if there will be a delay in the displayed dispatch time.
- All items shown are in stock with some exceptions of individually manufactured items and we will aim to keep this information as accurate as possible. In the unlikely event that we are unable to fulfil an order immediately we will contact you as soon as possible offering you to choose from a full refund, alternative or an expected delay time.
- Prices are as displayed on our eBay auctions, are in British Pound Sterling, unless stated otherwise. The price shown on the item page is a guaranteed price; it displays all relevant taxes and surcharges and delivery to UK addresses. We send everything to you by the service which you select. We only ever upgrade never downgrade. In the unfortunate event of a shipping error where we ship by a lesser service please contact us at your earliest opportunity where we will correct the matter by refunding cost difference.
- Please note that we accept instant payment by Paypal, our preferred online payment processor, but we also postal orders or personal cheque.
- If you pay by any method other than paypal including eCheque we will wait for these methods of payment to clear before sending goods.
- No contract will exist between M.J. AQUATICS and the customer until goods are dispatched. Acceptance of your order will be deemed complete and effectively communicated at this time. Ownership of the goods will pass to the customer on receipt of payment and dispatch of the goods.
- We send everything only by recognised delivery companies. Where possible we request you provide a telephone number preferably a mobile which allows couriers to contact you with delivery times and address queries helping to avoid returned parcels. We charge a fair, but variable rate delivery charge to all UK addresses, (surcharges may apply to Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands, Southern and Northern Ireland) charges are specific to each sale. If you feel the shipping charges are incorrect or too high please contact us before purchase or before leaving poor ratings and allow us to either correct or explain our prices. If you are an international bidder please contact us to ask for the rate to your country.
- In the event of any items being returned due to couriers not being able to find your address or no response to calling cards the return shipping charge to us will be deducted from any refund issued or will need paying prior to us re-shipping the item which will also need paying again.
- We do not deliver to PO Box numbers.
- Most courier deliveries will require a signature on delivery.
- Whist we will make every effort to deliver within the time we agree, we will not be liable for any loss caused to you by late delivery. If you require a guaranteed delivery please contact us for further information.
- For security reasons, we will only deliver your order to the delivery address stated on your Paypal payment or your registered address with eBay. You must make sure that your delivery is correct whilst making your payment as this cannot be changed after you payment has been received unless you contact us in writing through eBay messages.
- If after despatch, products are returned to us as undeliverable, we shall refund you in accordance with our policy for non delivered items.
We use many different packaging materials to help ensure that you receive your order in perfect condition. We often recycle packaging materials and our reasoning is shown here:
- By recycling packaging we cut down on the waste we produce in our depot which means less waste is sent to landfill.
- Recycling certain packaging materials, in particular spacing and padding materials, and strong outer cardboard boxes, helps us to keep our packaging charges down so the benefit is passed onto you.
- In recycling packaging it helps us keep the delivery of your goods carbon neutral.
- Our packaging depends on your order but ranges from plastic mail bags with 90% recycled content to boxes for bulkier items.
- Please be assured that we always try to minimise waste throughout our business.
- If goods ordered have not been delivered to you within 15 working days of the expected dispatch date given to you, 25 days for international orders, you must notify us of this. If you do not do so, within 20 working days, 30 days for international orders, then we will not accept any liability for the loss of the goods. Please be aware that we obtain postage proofs of any items shipped regardless of shipping method.
- If there is a shortage in your order you must inform us of this within 24 hours of the delivery. We will then dispatch the outstanding part of the order ASAP and we will notify you of the expected dispatch date.
- It is possible for customers to collect an item, but this must be by prior arrangement.