Hi-Fi Links - Terms & Conditions of Sale on Ebay
Nobody likes to have to read lots of fine-print regarding "Terms & Conditions of Sale", so these have been kept as brief and concise as possible.
You will however find all of the information you need here regarding purchasing & paying for an item, how & when it will be packaged and sent, what to do if it has not arrived / is delayed, what happens if an item arrives damaged or faulty, or needs to be returned, and finally some important notes regarding Ebay feedback.
If you have ANY additional questions / problems - please do not hesitate to ask.
(1) Item Titles & Descriptions / Questions to Seller
Every effort is taken to describe everything as honestly, completely, and concisely, as possible, but unfortunately we cannot be experts in every field, and cannot guarantee to never to make a mistake, but we do our utmost to avoid them. Please therefore use the "ask seller a question" option if you have any doubts or questions at all – your questions will usually be answered very quickly, and any misunderstandings can be resolved before you bid for, or purchase, the item. Hi-Fi Links feedback speaks for itself. You should be satisfied & happy with your purchase, so it is far simpler & quicker to resolve any questions prior to purchasing !
Unfortunately, due to an ever increasing number of "non-paying" Ebay buyers, almost all Hi-Fi Links Ebay items are now listed with "immediate PayPal payment required". Paypal is the ONLY accepted payment method - apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, but Ebay & PayPal requirements have made this change necessary. Should this pose any specific problems, please feel free to contact Hi-Fi Links to discuss possible alternatives.
- PayPal Payment (GB Pounds Only) -
- NO charges are made for PayPal payment – all Paypal and Ebay fees are paid by Hi-Fi Links.
- The majority of Credit and Debit Cards are accepted via PayPal, as indeed are direct bank transfers via e-cheques.
- Please be aware that with e-cheques - the clearance times are often long, and frequently much longer than expected - so dispatch of your purchase may be delayed.
- Shipping will ONLY proceed after e-cheque clearance - this is not due to Hi-Fi Links policy, but PayPal requirements.
(3) Post & Packing & Shipping
Post & Packing charges are shown individually for each item listed on Ebay – and include all postal or courier charges, all (new) packaging & labelling costs, as well as labour for packaging and shipping. International shipping charges are shown for most countries, but please ask if your country is not listed. Hi-Fi Links is located several miles from the nearest Post Office, so shipping costs for postal items do already include a mileage / labour charge. If you do not agree with the P&P charges, please either do not purchase, or contact Hi-Fi Links in advance of purchasing, to discuss.
- UK Postage - the majority of Hi-Fi Links items are shipped using various Royal Mail postal services. Hi-Fi Links reserves the right to use a more secure delivery method than advertised, at Hi-Fi Links discretion, and at NO extra cost to the buyer. A signature for delivery may be required.
- UK Courier Delivery - certain items are shipped by courier, and a variety of UK based courier companies are regularly used, e., DHL, Parcelforce, City Link, etc. – A signature will usually be required for delivery.
- International Postage - virtually all Hi-Fi Links items purchased by international buyers, will be shipped using the Royal Mail "International Tracked" or Royal Mail "International Tracked & Signed" services – and will usually require a signature for delivery. Any additional customs fees / import taxes etc. required or charged outside of the UK, are the responsibility of the buyer – this should be noted particularly by non-EU buyers (USA, Canada, Australia, etc.).
- Unlike many sellers, Hi-Fi Links only uses new, good quality, purchased packaging.
- All items are individually packaged, with the utmost care and attention to detail - it is pointless purchasing an item and having it damaged in transit due a poor standard of packaging. Hi-Fi Links has NEVER had an item damaged in transit. The sole exception to this rule would be the re-use of larger cardboard boxes, if suitable.
- Invoice / Packing Slips – You will automatically receive an invoice for your purchase, directly from the Ebay checkout system, with all relevant details to complete payment. Packing slips are also enclosed for every shipment, with full itemized details of every item purchased, as well as all Hi-Fi Links contact details – including telephone numbers.
With few exceptions, most Hi-Fi Links items will be packaged and shipped within 24 hours of receiving cleared payment for the item(s). All Ebay listings have specific, individual, indications of the time to ship. Shipping is (1X) daily, with the exception of Sundays. Dispatch times are Monday – Friday, usually late morning, and Saturday, mid-morning.
"Lost in Post" / Missing / Delayed Items:
- All items posted with the Royal Mail will have formal Post Office "Certificates of Posting", as proof of posting, and, for the unlikely event that something goes missing in the post, for a claim for lost goods to be submitted. In reality very few items are "lost in post", although occasionally an item may be delayed en route by several days. Postal delays are fortunately rare, but obviously beyond Hi-Fi Links control.
- Hi-Fi Links always endeavours to recover the value of any items lost in transit, by submitting an appropriate claim to the Post Office or Courier concerned, so buyers will be expected to cooperate fully with the Postal Authorities / Courier company.
- Any claims for items lost in post WILL be notified to eBay as well as the Postal Authorities / courier concerned, to expedite tracking of the item shipment, as well as prevent fraudulent claims. This is fortunately very rare.
(4) Returns / Faulty items
Damaged or Faulty Goods – in the extremely unlikely event that you should receive a damaged or defective item – please contact Hi-Fi Links immediately (ideally via eBay messaging), and certainly within 30 days of receipt.
- A message via the eBay messaging system, with details of the damage / loss will suffice, or alternatively, direct contact details for Hi-Fi Links are also shown on the enclosed packing slips with every item, and at the bottom of this page.
- All packaging must be retained, exactly as received (photos may also help for any eventual claim) – failure to do so may invalidate a claim for goods damaged in transit.
- Damaged Courier deliveries should be reported to the Courier driver immediately, and delivery refused on those grounds, if possible.
- Faulty or damaged goods will be replaced (with the same item), or refunded in full, at the discretion of Hi-Fi Links. Typically, a replacement item will be sent if possible. You will be required to return the damaged or faulty item, but Hi-Fi Links will reimburse the return postage cost - please contact Hi-Fi Links in advance to confirm the return method: the eBay managed returns process may be used, or a direct ("Signed For") return via Royal Mail (which is often cheaper & easier).
Returns under the Distance Selling Regulations – Hi-Fi Links complies fully with the Distance Selling Regulations (DSR), but does NOT operate a "Try before you Buy" business. Please refer to the Ebay help pages for full details of the Distance Selling Regulations, as well as the following specific information for Hi-Fi Links Items: Under the Distance Selling regulations, all EU buyers have the right to cancel certain purchases within 14 working days of receipt, and return the item in new, unused, condition (as received) within the following 14 working days - to receive a full refund inclusive P&P paid for delivery of the item to the buyer.
Hi-Fi Links uses a 30 calender days returns policy - above & beyond the legal requirements.
- Contact Hi-Fi Links, in writing, confirming your wish to cancel the purchase within 30 days of receipt (including a short explanation, e.g., "changed mind", "not what I expected", etc.) – an e-mail via the Ebay messaging system is the preferred contact method. Please note - notification of your wish to cancel a purchase MUST be received by Hi-Fi Links within 30 calender days.
- Return the item, in the following 14 days, in it’s original undamaged, and UNUSED, condition, complete with all packaging, as supplied – the return should be received by Hi-Fi Links within 14 days of your request to return.
- Return P&P costs are NOT paid by Hi-Fi Links for returns under the Distance Selling Regulations, and are the responsibility of the buyer. You are advised to use a recorded / trackable delivery method to ensure that the item is safely returned to Hi-Fi Links within the required period. Hi-Fi Links is not responsible should your return item be lost before it arrives back with Hi-Fi Links, or if it arrives back more than 14 days after the return notification. The eBay managed returns procedure may be used, or you may contact Hi-Fi Links directly (via eBay messaging) to arrange a return using for example a Royal Mail "Signed For" service, which is usually cheaper.
- You will be refunded by the same payment method as has been used for the purchase, inclusive the original (domestic) P&P charge. Any international postage charges incurred at purchase are non-refundable.
- International Returns - are typically not covered by the Distance Selling Regulations, nor the eBay returns procedures - please contact Hi-Fi Links directly, in advance, to discuss / arrange any international return.
- Please also note: Any holographic security seals which may be on your product MUST be intact to qualify for return (this primarily applies to electronic equipment / items). Any item returned with damaged security seals, or other obvious damage, will not be refunded, but will be notified to eBay.
Feedback will be left for all buyers who have submitted the buyer feedback for their purchases upon receipt of the item(s). This is the only satifactory means to ensure that the buyer has received the item(s), is fully satisfied with the item(s), and that the transaction is indeed complete.
Please note – if there is any aspect of your purchase with which you are not entirely satisfied, you should contact Hi-Fi Links prior to leaving feedback – the majority of problems / issues can be readily and rapidly resolved, and often without the need for a return. Hi-Fi Links strives for "5 star" ratings wherever possible – but without specific customer feedback it is difficult to identify any minor issues. Please let us know if there is ANYTHING which you would like to see improved.