Debenhams eBay: Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does delivery cost?
UK Delivery is charged at £3.99 and is currently FREE on all overs over £30.
Multiple items can be placed on one order, with one delivery charge as long as your order is being delivered to the same address.
For International Standard Delivery costs, please see below:
Australia £14, Canada £14, France £7, Germany £7, Italy £7, Netherlands £7, Spain £7, Sweden £7, United States £10.
- Where do you deliver?
- We deliver to almost all UK addresses as well as the following countries, subject to availability:
Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden and United States.
- How long do standard deliveries take?
- We aim to deliver UK orders within 4 working days. The table below shows the estimated delivery date depending on the date of the order. Products can be delivered by our courier at any time of day between 9am and 6pm.
- Order Day
- Delivered on or before
- Fri 9am - 6pm
- Mon 9am - 6pm
- Tue 9am - 6pm
- Weds 9am - 6pm
- Thurs 9am - 6pm
For International Standard Delivery times please see below:
Australia 8 - 13 days, Canada 5 - 10 days, France 5 - 7 days, Germany 5 - 6 days, Italy 5 - 8 days, Netherlands 4 - 7 days, Spain 5 - 7 days, Sweden 5 - 7 days and United States 6 - 10 days.
- What happens if I am out when a courier comes?
- No problem. Our couriers will either leave the parcel with a neighbour, leave it somewhere safe, or will take it away again for redelivery. They will place a card through your door to let you know that they have been, and what action they have taken.
- Can I order a delivery to go to my place of work, or another address?
- Yes, this is no problem. When ordering, please put in the delivery address you require and give us your billing address as well.
- What are the normal delivery times?
- Products can be delivered by our courier at any time of day between 9am and 6pm.
- Can I cancel or change my order?
- We cannot currently cancel or change orders. Please return your order following the returns process, for details see here.
- Can I track my order?
- To access our tracking system please click here Please quote the order number at the top of your Debenhams eBay email.
||Your order has been created on our system and will be processed shortly|
|Supplier Order - In Progress
||Your order has been created on our system and passed to our fulfilment centre for processing|
|Routed to courier
||Your order has been routed to the courier.|
||Your order has been cancelled|
|Cancelled - unable to fulfil - payment reversal
||Your order has been cancelled due to stock availability, no payment has been taken.|
|Cancelled - unable to fulfil - payment refunded
||Your order has been cancelled due to stock availability. We have processed a refund to your payment card.|
||Your return has been received. However, if goods have been addressed to the incorrect warehouse there may be a short delay in your refund being processed while the goods are being re-directed.|
|Order ready for collection
||Your order is ready for collection at your chosen store.|
Please note: You must collect your order within 14 days of receiving your notification email.
||Your order has been collected.|
|Return in progress
||We are processing your return.|
|Return refund complete
||We have processed your return.|
Please note: Some banks may take longer than others to process refunds.
||Our fulfilment centre has received your order|
|Manifested for Delivery
||We have informed our courier to expect your order and plan it in to their delivery route|
||Our courier has received your order and will plan their delivery|
||Your order is ready for delivery and has entered into the courier system.|
|Receipt at depot
||Your parcel has been received at the depot.|
|Processed at depot
||Your parcel has processed through the depot operation and is ready for onward despatch to the courier.|
|Out for delivery to courier
||Your parcel has left the depot for delivery to the courier.|
|Courier to re-attempt
||The courier has attempted to deliver your parcel and will try again. You will receive a card to confirm delivery has been attempted.|
||Your parcel has been delivered.|
- Where is my order?
- You can track your order by clicking here Please quote the order number at the top of your Debenhams eBay email
- When is my order coming?
- You can track your order by clicking here Please quote the order number at the top of your Debenhams eBay email
- My order is late, what should I do?
- Please use the tracking order by clicking here. Sometimes things do go wrong, and if your parcel has not arrived as expected please accepts our apologies. If your parcel is more than 2 days after the estimated delivery date, please contact our customers services team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org/dd>
- There is something missing from my order
- We often send out orders in several different packages, so these may arrive at different times. Please use the tracking order service here. If your parcel is more than 2 days after the estimated delivery date, please contact our customer services team by emailing email@example.com
- My item is broken
- Please accept our apologies. We do carefully package our orders, but accidents can happen. Please follow our returns process, for details see here.
- My order is faulty
- Please accept our apologies. Please follow our returns process here. here.
- I want to return my order
- Please follow our returns process here.
- My order has been cancelled
- Please accept our apologies. We try to get as much choice as possible onto our website, and occasionally we have to cancel orders when we have sold out of the relevant product. We are working hard to avoid this happening.
- How do I pay for my order online?
- We only accept payment via PayPal. We are sorry but we are unable to accept Debenhams gift cards, Debenhams Account Card, Mastercard, Visa, Maestro, AMEX, Diners card or Solo. If you are unsure how to pay using PayPal or are having problems with your account please contact PayPal Customer Service
- When will I be charged?
- Payment is charged to your PayPal account immediately.
- What is the returns and refunds policy?
- Subject to exceptions, Debenhams is happy to exchange or refund your purchase within 28 days of delivery. Your refund will be credited to your PayPal account. Exchanges are only available on UK orders.
Unwanted goods must be returned in a fully resaleable condition and any tags must be intact. Extra care must be taken when trying on clothing, please ensure you are not wearing any make up, fragrance or deodorant that may leave a scent or mark. We reserve the right to refuse an exchange or refund if goods are not returned in a saleable condition or are damaged.
If a product is faulty or damaged we will refund the original delivery charge* and the cost of returning the goods via your local postal service up to a maximum cost of £7.50 per kg. For products delivered within the EU, we will refund the original delivery charge for any product returned to us in accordance with the Distance Selling Regulations up to the same maximum cost, but we will not refund the cost of returning such goods. Please retain proof of postage and customs documentations including any details of any taxes paid. Please contact our Customer services team to obtain a returns authorisation code before returning faulty goods.
- What is you Christmas returns policy?
- Over Christmas our 28 day standard returns policy is extended, purchases made from 27 October 2013 can be refunded through to 31 January 2014. Our other refund terms and conditions still apply.
- How can I return items?
- You can return items in the post via Royal Mail or via courier. Unfortunately you can not return Debenhams eBay orders to store
- Can I return items to a store?
- Unfortunately you can not return Debenhams eBay orders to store
- How do I return by post?
- You can return items to us via Royal Mail using the Royal Mail returns address label with your despatch. Items returned by post can take up to 10 working days to reach us once you have posted the parcel. When your refund has been processed it can take 3 to 5 days working days to credit your account.
How to return items using the Freepost label:
Print out the correct Freepost Royal Mail label (see below). If it is sent to the wrong address, it may delay your refund.
Repackage the goods into the original packaging.
Complete the returns form enclosed in your parcel, indicating your reasons. Enclose within the parcel.
Attach the Freepost returns label to the outside of the parcel. Take the parcel to a Post Office and obtain a proof of posting.
Retain your proof of posting until you have received your refund.
Download and print your returns label:
By clicking on the relevant returns label link below, a document will open which you can print.
Fashion & Home
To return Womenswear, Women's Accessories, Lingerie, Home, Menswear, Men’s accessories, Kidswear, Toys and Gifts, Gift food, Sportswear, Small electricals - Download returns label 1.
- How do I return via courier?
We offer a free courier collection service to UK & N. Ireland addresses for the majority of our products, however, our collection service can vary so follow the instructions on your despatch note and the information below carefully.
Items returned by courier can take up to 10 working days to reach us once the parcel has been collected. Once your refund has been processed it can take 3 to 5 working days for your card provider to credit your account.
The quickest way to arrange a collection for fashion and home products is to call the courier. You will find the courier's telephone number on the outside of your packaging or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- What products are excluded from your refund policy?
- For reasons of health and hygiene we are unable to exchange or refund the following products:
Pierced earrings and other pierced body jewellery unless faulty.
Quilts, duvets and pillows, no exchange or refund once the original packaging has been opened or damaged unless faulty.
Underwear/lingerie, control wear, hosiery and swimwear, no exchange or refund unless the hygiene strips and tags are still in place and packaging remains unopened and undamaged unless faulty.
Hats and hair accessories unless tags are still in place and packaging remains unopened and undamaged unless faulty.
Designer products no exchange or refund on grounds of Health & Safety unless faulty or purple security tag is in place
THIS POLICY DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS RELATING TO FAULTY OR MISDESCRIBED GOODS OR YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL ORDERS UNDER THE CONSUMER PROTECTION (DISTANCE SELLING) REGULATIONS, FURTHER DETAILS OF WHICH ARE AVAILABLE FROM THE LOCAL TRADING STANDARD DEPARTMENT OR CITIZENS ADVICE BUREAU.
- Can I return an item that was reduced by 50% or more when I purchased it?
- You can return via our courier network (see Return by courier section) or via the Post Office (see Return by Royal Mail section) for a full refund on to your original PayPal account
- Can I cancel my order?
- No, you cannot cancel your order. In the event that you change your mind you will have to return the unwanted item(s) within 28 days as per our returns policy.
- Can I made a bid for an item?
- No, all items are 'Buy it now' priced.
- What is WEEE?
- From 1st July 2007, all retailers of electrical goods must comply with the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) legislation. This is a scheme to prevent all such waste being disposed of in general landfill sites and to promote recycling of components and materials. The legislation aims to minimise the impact of electrical and electronic equipment on the environment by creating products with recycling in mind and encouraging reuse, recycling, and recovery of WEEE.
The consumer has a significant role to play in reducing the impact of waste electrical and electronic equipment on the environment, through re-using or recycling such articles. Some of the components used in electrical and electronic equipment can contain hazardous substances that can damage the environment and present a risk to human health if not properly disposed of.
The crossed out wheelie-bin symbol on products is to remind you that Waste Electrical and Electronic products, batteries and accumulators should not be disposed of with household waste. If you are unable to re-use or recycle your article it should be disposed of at a civic amenity site/local authority recycling facilities.
Portable waste batteries, including rechargeable batteries, may be taken back to any Debenhams store, or any other retailer operating an in-store take back scheme, for recycling free of charge. There is no obligation to purchase when returning an old battery.
- What is REACH?
- REACH is the European Union regulation for the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals. Please click here for details on how to contact us about your 'REACH' enquiry.
- Contact Info
If you can't find the answers to your questions on our website, please email us at email@example.com
Please note it can take up to 48 hours to receive a response. Unfortunately, In store customer services are unable to help with Debenhams eBay orders