We sell both new and used/recycled parts.
All of our Nikon parts are made by Nikon.
The condition of the part that is for sale is clearly stated in each of our listings:
Brand new parts
are just what the name implies: new replacement parts made by Nikon.
"New, from old-stock parts"
are bought from camera repair shops that have closed down. This is usually the case for parts used in older lenses, since Nikon no longer manufactures replacement parts. "New old stock (NOS)" just means that the part has been on a shelf for a while, often a decade or more, waiting for a customer that needs it.
are tested and quality-checked parts that are removed from working cameras. Since the inside of camera is a very clean and dry place, these used parts are often indistinguishable form new parts. Used/recycled parts also have a few advantages:
- Nikon no longer stocks many of these parts,
- Choosing to buy used/recycled parts rather than new parts means you are making a choice towards sustainability
- As camera technicians around the world know, used electronic parts work exactly the same as new parts. We sell a lot of our parts to those technicians!
- Repairing your own gear makes it last longer, which means less electronics goes to the landfill or dangerous third world recycling zones.
- Using recovered/recycled OEM parts saves the environmental cost of making and shipping new parts from the factory.
Have any questions about our parts? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org