(Updated 12th May 2011)
eZealous Limited ("eZealous") a company incorporated in England trading as "buyallmeans.co.uk".
The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use personal information that we may obtain about you. By either registering as a user of any services provided by buyallmeans.co.uk on this website and by using the buyallmeans.co.uk website generally you agree to this use.
Use of your Personal Information
1. When you register and use this site:
- You will be asked to provide certain information such as your contact details. We will store this data and hold it on computers or otherwise. We will use this data to fulfil our agreement with you.
- Some of our services will require further details, for example, when using the Gift list service, this will require further information to set up and maintain your gift list and allow your chosen guests to see your list details for example.
2. We may use information that you provide or that is obtained by us:
(a) to register you with our website and to administer our website services;
(b) To give to companies and organisations whose products we provide to you, e.g. product, home and motor, financial and travel services.
(c) To fulfil our agreement with you and processing and obtaining payment.
(d) To analyse and profile your shopping preferences e.g. (market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the products and services we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme. We may use your information to make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example automatically selecting products and services which we think will interest you from the information we have. We may keep you informed of such products and services including special offers, discounts, offers, competitions and so on by any of the following methods:
- Telephone (including automated calls)
- SMS text messages and other electronic messages such as picture messaging
- Or otherwise
(including products and services of other companies and organisations) which we consider may be of interest to you. When you provide us with your information you will be given the opportunity to say if you do not wish to receive information of such products and services from either us or carefully chosen third parties.
(e) To administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter.
3. We may supplement the information that you provide to us with information that we receive from third parties.
4. In order to protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we may pass on information that we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customer records, including how you conduct your account, to other Group companies, other retailers and to financial and other organisations (including law enforcement agencies) involved in fraud prevention and detection, to use in the same way.
5. Calls will be recorded to verify content and may be used together with your customer records for regulatory compliance, quality control and staff training, preventing or detecting criminal activity and for complaint resolution.
Disclosure of Your Information
6. We may give information about you to companies and organisations whose products we provide to you, e.g. product, home and motor, financial and travel services as follows:
(a) To other companies and organisations to administer any prize draws or competitions.
(b) To our agents, staff and approved third parties to carry out services for us.
(c) To anyone to whom we transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you.
(d) If we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
7. In carrying out the activities specified in this section, we may transfer data to reputable companies outside the European Economic Area. We take steps to ensure that your information will be afforded the same level of protection as that required of us under applicable UK data protection legislation.
8. It is a legal requirement that if you purchase any television receiving equipment, such as a TV, set-top box, video or DVD recorder, computer or mobile phone to watch TV programmes as they are being broadcast, that buyallmeans.co.uk must obtain details of your name and the full address of where the equipment will be installed. Unless this information is provided, such sales will be refused. Further information is available at www.tvlicensing.co.uk
9. Please remember, cookies do not contain confidential information such as your home address, telephone number or credit card details. We do not exchange cookies with any third party websites or external data suppliers.
10. Your browser also generates other information, including which language the site is displayed in, and your Internet Protocol address ("IP address"). An IP address is a set of numbers which is assigned to your computer during a browsing session whenever you log on to the Internet via your internet service provider or your network (if you access the Internet from, for example, a computer at work). Your IP address is automatically logged by our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to our websites. We do not use your IP address to identify you personally.
11. We only keep cookies for the duration of your visit to our website, except where you save your login name as referred to above.
12. We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or willful default.
13. You have the right to see personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act) that we keep about you, upon receipt of a written request and payment of a fee. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact us.
14. Please be aware that our site may link to other websites which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked websites.