FAO: Returns Department, BHF, Unit 6 Albion Park, Armley Road, Leeds, LS12 2EJ.
IMPORTANT: Please refer to our returns policy below before returning any item to us. Thank you.
A) Returns With Item Return
The British Heart Foundation ebay shop want their customers to be happy with their item as well as with their contribution to heart research and support. Thus, we accept all returns within 14 days of receipt of item for a full refund (item plus original postage costs) as long as the item is not in a worse / unsaleable condition than sold, through no fault of transit. If your item is in a worse condition than sold, please contact us prior to returning. Please note in most cases the buyer is responsible for returns postage costs in accordance with ebay's selling and buying policies. Returns can be processed through ebay message, ebay returns or if necessary, ebay resolution centre.
Returns between 14 and 30 days, must be sent with prior approval from the customer service team and may only be entitled for a refund of the item only, depending on the situation. Again, in most cases the buyer is responsible for returns postage costs in accordance with ebay's selling and buying policies. Returns can be processed through ebay message, ebay returns or if necessary, ebay resolution centre. Returns through the resolution centre can be accepted up to 45 days where you believe the item does not accurately match the description only. Refunds for loss of item can also be processed up to 45 days through the resolution centre.
If you think you are entitled to a returns postage refund as listed below, please contact us before returning your item so that we may inform you what returns postage costs you are entitled to and so that we know to expect your item back. Please also refer to our returns postage estimate details below. Please also note that no clothing items qualify for any refund for returns postage.
Please note that we are not obliged to offer returns postage costs. However, the British Heart Foundation ebay shop is happy to reimburse postage costs in the following cases**:
Where the listing contains any inaccuracies, these include:
1. Not working when stated as 'working'
This item must have been properly tested by yourself and have originally been stated as 'working' or in an excellent, very good or good condition without any condition specifics contradicting the part of the item you are referring to as not working. Please note all items are re-tested when they arrive with us and if we find the item to be working, we get it externally assessed and do not refund returns postage costs where the specialist states it as working in their report. Your entitlement to a full refund of item and original postage costs are never affected. Please note untested items or items not mentioning a working state, may not be entitled to a returns postage refund.
2. Wrong size or compatibility stated in listing
Returns postage will be refunded if the listing is deemed inaccurate or misleading only. Please note that there must be a contradiction between item and listing.
3. Condition inaccurately described
Please note that this only refers to missed condition specifics, errors that are not stated in the listing or where the item has been listed as 'excellent' or 'very good' by mistake (as it is not in such a condition). If the listing states the error but you deem it to be worse than stated, please be aware that such specifics will be investigated properly to ensure a fair outcome for both parties. Please note that this may mean you are not entitled to returns postage costs and thus we recommend contacting the customer service team prior to returning your item to avoid potential disappointment.
**Please note that if a buyer qualifies for a refund of return postage costs and the return postage costs exceed the amount reimbursed, the buyer always pays the extra costs. The refund will count as a contribution to returns postage costs. Maximum returns postage amounts are detailed below for reference.
Returns Postage Reimbursement Amounts - these must be for accepted returns prior to sending back to us in order to qualify. Please note that buyers must always pay returns postage for clothing items. Unless we have specifically offered it for a clothing return, it will not be processed.
Small parcel items and large letters UK - up to £3.70 by Royal Mail Recorded 2nd Class
Medium parcel items under 2kg UK - up to £5.80 by Standard Royal Mail Class
Large parcels over 2kg - up to £8.00 by alternate courier
Europe parcels under 2kg - mirrors our original postage costs up to £8.00
Worldwide shipping under 2kg - mirrors our original postage costs up to up to £18.00
Customs Problems During Returns
Unfortunately the British Heart Foundation Ebay shop is not liable for any problems encountered with customs that have not been caused directly by a problem on our end. This includes returns. Please know your the customs laws and declarations needs of your country before returning an item to us as you are responsible for your item's safe return to us. Please note this means that we do not accept responsibility for any charges or extra charges and will not issue compensation due to custom related issues where it is not directly our fault (i.e. a problem caused directly by a customs form filled in at our premises). We apologise for any inconvenience or disappointment this may cause.
B) Refunds Without Item Return
The British Heart Foundation ebay shop are happy to offer refunds and partial refunds where applicable as the happiness of our customers is important to us. We prefer for the item to be returned to us but understand that sometimes you wish to keep the item or it is cheaper for both parties to keep the item.
The British Heart Foundation is happy to offer refunds and partial refunds in accordance with ebay selling and buying policies and where is deemed honest and fair. Please note that refunds without item return will only be processed in the following cases:
1. Where the item has been inaccurately described and photographic evidence of our error has been supplied. Please note that for all items, this includes a photo of the error close up and one of the item with original packaging. The item must be either valued at £10.00 or lower with the evidence supplied or have been bought for £10.00 or less originally to qualify for a full refund and not a partial refund.
2. Where the item has been lost and the buyer has waited either 15 days for UK mail or 35 days for worldwide mail and where the buyer has supplied a declaration of non-receipt of item as follows: "Example: I, _______ declare that I and no one on my behalf and no one at the delivery address has received a _____________________ (Ebay Item no: _____________) from BHF Shops and confirm that I am happy for them to launch a lost parcel investigation into the whereabouts of this named item. I understand that this is a legal declaration of non-receipt."
C) Partial Refunds Without Item Return
Please note that partial refunds without item return will only be processed in the following cases:
1. Where the item has been inaccurately described (including condition) and photographic evidence of our error has been supplied. Please note that for all items, this includes a photo of the error close up and one of the item with original packaging.
2. Where it has been requested instead of a full refund either for loss with declaration or fault/error/damage with photographs. Please note that you can always have a full refund and use the donation button on our listings and storefront if you prefer.