Home Bike Build
Have your new bike fully assembled at your home by a professional and experienced trained cycle mechanic at a convenient time. Your new bike will have a “Pre-Delivery Inspection” (PDI) and safety checked. Then, given to you to test ride to ensure it is working correctly and set up correctly for you. It’s a quick, easy and hassle free service.
Our “Home Bike Build” service includes:
- Agreed home visit appointment
- Ensure tyres are seated correctly and correct for rotational direction
- Inflate tyres to correct pressure
- Check spoke tension and wheel trueness, ensure wheels securely attached to frame / forks
- Check hubs and cassette are correctly fitted and secure
- Check and adjust headset, correctly tighten stem
- Check cable routing and seating (UK brake position)
- Correctly tighten bars, using correct torque settings
- Adjust bar levers / grips position
- Ensure seat and seat post are adjusted and secure
- Check crank bolts, where applicable
- Check chainring bolts, where applicable
- Check chain alignment and tension
- Set front and rear derailleur limit screws
- Adjust cable tension to ensure smooth indexing of gears
- Set up brakes in line with manufacturers recommendations
- Check pad alignment and adjust as necessary
- Check cables for smooth running, lubricate, as necessary
- Fit reflectors and bell
- Fit and adjust any additional components, as necessary
- Ensure all additional bolts are correctly tightened, as necessary
- Test ride and riding position fine tuned, any functions explained
- Manual / tools / instructions presented and bike signed for
For an additional charge of only £45.00 your bike will be PDI checked to conform to BS6102 Part 1 & 2 and the relevant EN safety standard, as applicable.
You’ll have the confidence your bike is roadworthy from the start and ensuring optimum performance. So you don’t have to worry about having the time, the skills or the right tools.
Once the bike has been ordered a mechanic will call you directly to arrange assembly of your bike, the assembly will take place within 5 working days of the bikes arrival, subject to customer & mechanic availability.
All bike mechanics are trained to Cytech Level 2 or equivalent.
PLEASE NOTE THE 'HOME BIKE BUILD' IS UNAVAILABLE IN SOME AREAS: ISLE OF MAN, SCOTTISH ISLANDS & NORTHERN IRELAND.
If you want to check if the service is available in your area prior to placing a order with the 'Home Bike Build' service please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This service is operated by Cycle Assembly Network Limited and their approved mechanics. CAN Ltd carries comprehensive public liability insurance for its business activities, as do all CAN’s Bona Fide Mechanics. They are liable for assembly.
Registered Office: The Old Tannery, 224 Spen Lane, Gomersal, West Yorkshire, BD19 4PJ Company Registration in England & Wales : 7756797