Orders are normally shipped within 1 business day from our Birmingham warehouse. Orders placed & fully paid for before 1pm will usually ship on the same business day (“Business Day” means Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays).
Can I collect my order from your Birmingham address?
Yes. We are open to the public Monday to Friday 9:30 to 17:30 (excluding bank holidays). You don’t really need to order in advance either; you can check the stock and only pay if you are satisfied. We can accept cash or chip & pin credit/debit card over the counter.
Appointment is not required but it is better to verify the stock status especially when it is showing 5 or less in stock on eBay.
Which company will you use to send my order?
We use Royal Mail (Post Office) and a number of courier firms such as Parcel Force, DPD, TNT, DX, DHL, and UPS.
How do I know my order has been dispatched? Will you send me the tracking information?
Our system will automatically email you the delivery confirmation on the evening your order was shipped. The email typically includes the shipping service (company & service level), tracking number and tracking link (if available), your delivery address, and the products you ordered.
Please note our system use your Paypal email address which might be different from your eBay email address. Everyday we see several emails get rejected / UN-noticed because customers supplied wrong email addresses or their spam filters are too zealous, so please make sure your Paypal email address is also up to date.
Please contact us with any dispatch inquiries as we can usually resolve any questions very quickly.
Which service will be used to send my order?
Our system software will choose the appropriate shipping service for your order based on the following (in order of priority):
- The service level you paid for. Customer who paid express postage will have their order shipped by courier next working day service, or Royal Mail special delivery, or Royal Mail 1st class recorded
- The shipping destination. Couriers normally charge a lot more for shipping to offshore locations like Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, Scottish Highland, and Isle of Man, so we tend to use Royal Mail more for those destinations.
- The total value of the order. We offer free postal insurance as standard, for high value orders (£49 and over) we will send via a traceable service such as courier or Royal Mail recorded/special delivery.
- The total weight of the order. Generally it is cheaper to send via courier for any parcel over 1Kg in weight (2Kgs in case of off-shore and foreign destinations).
Is delivery always free? What are the postage costs?
- For UK mainland addresses, we do offer free economy service, we also offer express delivery service for £4.99
- For other UK addresses like Channel Islands, Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, and Isle of Man we also offer free economy service for items under 1.5 Kg. Delivery for anything over 1.5 Kgs cost £9.98
- For orders shipped outside UK, we normally charge postage on top of the item cost, please check each individual listing for details.
Where is my order? The tracking link/number is not working?
We offer free postal insurance as standard. Your order is safe with Allcam.
Our system will automatically send you a dispatch confirmation email on the day we shipped your order. This normally contains information like which shipping company /service used, and any tracking info/link (if available).
The tracking information usually becomes active after the courier has collected your parcel and unloaded the van at their depot. This is normally late evening on the dispatch date.
If your order has been dispatched several days ago but you have not received it, the first thing to do is to check the tracking info in our dispatch notification email, and if there is a tracking number, please also try to track your parcel online. Sometimes your family or neighbour may have already signed for the parcel. Only on very rare occasions are there problems with delivery and on each occasion we will spend as much time as needed to resolve the issue.
What happens if I will not be available on the delivery date? What to do if I missed a delivery?
The courier or the postman usually leaves a 'calling card' for all missed deliveries. The details for re-arranging delivery (or collecting the parcel in person from a nearby depot) are printed on the card.
Sometimes the courier or postman may leave your parcel with one of your neighbours, and they normally leave you a card to inform you which neighbour received the parcel for you. We understand this is a mixed blessing which people live in a friendly community love but people who live in difficulty community hate.
On rare occasions couriers/postmen for whatever reason fail to leave a calling card. In this instance we will quickly locate your parcel and resolve the issue and make a complaint to the courier company involved.
If you have experienced any problems with delivery please contact us and let us know. We will not tolerate courier companies who let our customers down.
If I missed a delivery, will the parcel be left at my local post office?
No. However if your order was shipped via Royal Mail or ParcelForce, you can arrange a re-direct of the parcel to your local post office following the instructions on the calling card. Please note Royal Mail may charge you a small fee for the re-direction.
If I missed a delivery, can I re-direct it to my work / an alternative address?
Sorry, we are not allowed to change your delivery address as per eBay / Paypal policy. We do understand most customers also work during the delivery hours; and we recommend customers set their work address as their delivery address when they place the order.
Will the courier/postman phone me prior to delivery? Can you pass my special delivery requirements to the courier/postman?
Yes and No.
Couriers/Postmen are under great pressure to improve efficiency, which brings nice savings to online shoppers, for example, most professional eBay sellers offer free economy postage. However this also means couriers/postmen don’t have much time to phone the customers or check the “Special Instructions” (in small print, on a 4”x4” or 4”x6” label).
So even though we can happily print your “Special Requirement” on the label, it is possible it will be overlooked by the couriers/postmen. The more effective way is to leave a big note on your door, for example: “Dear TNT Driver, Leave the parcel in the garage at the back, and take this signature strip as your proof of delivery”, or “Dear Postman, Leave the parcel with neighbour at Number …”
How soon will I get my order?
As mentioned earlier, we normally dispatch all orders within 1 business day.
For UK mainland customers, you will receive your order:
- The next business day following the dispatch date if order shipped by courier or Royal Mail Special Delivery.
- One to five working days following the dispatch date if order shipped by Royal Mail 1st or 2nd class.
- For customers in Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, Scottish Highland and other offshore locations, you will receive your order:
- Within two business days following the dispatch date if order shipped by courier or Royal Mail special delivery.
- Two to Ten days following the dispatch date if order shipped by Royal Mail 1st or 2nd class.